Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Vitamins Necessary For Thyroid Health

Thyroid Health
Vitamins

Ok. I said I'd talk more about vitamin supplements that promote healthy thyroid function, and in turn will help you lose weight. Now, just as a disclaimer, I am not a doctor and I am not stating that the vitamins will cure thyroid disease or any of that other stuff.

Now, I did find this out by initially researching on the Internet, and then I asked my doctor (just to make sure that it was ok for me to take, as I suggest everyone do with their doctor before they start any type of medication -- even if they are just vitamins) about them.

So, here is what I take and I have been taking this regimen for several months now (about 6) and my synthetic thyroid dosage went from 250 mcg and am now at 150 mcg.

Vitamins: These are the ones that are important for thyroid health
  • Vitamin A 3500IU (mine has 29% as Beta Carotene)
  • Vitamin C 1-2 g (most multi-vitamins have around 90 mg)
  • Iodine (this is the #1 thing you need!!!) 150 mcg
  • Zinc 60 mg
  • Selenium 250 mcg

My multivitamin has the correct amount for all the essential vitamins and minerals but I had to start taking extra Selenium, Zinc, and C.

Well, there you have it. Like I said, with these amounts, I have reduced my thyroid dosage by 100 mcg in 6 months. As an added benefit, I have also been losing weight faster. I started a "lifestyle change" (not a diet -- diets never last nor do they really help) and exercise program about 7 weeks ago and I have lost 17 lbs so far and around 10 inches. If you are interested in the program I used to get those results, then follow this link: http://www.no-nonsense.com

Well, happy thyroid health to you all!

~Brownie :)

P.S. I work from home. If working from home is something you are interested in, then follow this link: http://www.workfromhome.com


Thyroid Health

No comments: